What Are the Most Affordable Dental Implant Options?
If you're dealing with missing or damaged teeth, you're likely all too familiar with the daily struggles it can cause. From the embarrassment of feeling self-conscious about your smile to the frustration of struggling to eat and speak properly, the impact on your quality of life can be immense.
While dental implants are considered the best option for tooth replacement, the cost can lead to a serious case of sticker shock for many. If you’ve found yourself wondering how in the world you'll ever be able to afford dental implants and constantly searching the internet for affordable dental implant options, you aren’t alone.
How can I find affordable dental implants and what’s the cheapest price for dental implants are common questions people ask when they need to fix their teeth. That’s why Dr. Jason Collier and his team serving the Memphis, Tn area do not shy away from discussing payment options and cost concerns with patients. We want to have honest discussions about these kitchen table matters at Southern Dental Implant Center so you can make smart choices about your dental health.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost?
There are many factors that affect the cost of dental implant treatment. This includes the number of dental implants needed, the complexity of a patient’s needs, and even the dentists or oral surgeons who are involved in the treatment process.
When it comes to dental implants, there is no standard price. The cost of a dental implant procedure can vary greatly depending from patient to patient and on the complexity of the work required. Dental implant procedures involve multiple parts, each of which comes with its own fees. An example of some of the procedures needed for most patients seeking dental implants includes:
- A comprehensive dental exam
- Extraction of problem teeth
- Installation of the implant(s)
- Placement of the abutment hardware
- Fabrication of the dental crown
- Placement of the crown
Dental Implant Cost Estimates at Southern Dental Implant Center
As you can see, it is hard for us to give you an estimate of what your implants will cost. That said, here is a rough idea of the price range you can expect based on the most common missing teeth scenarios using the unique implant procedure we use at Southern Dental Implant Center.
Again, these are all just rough estimates. The cost of your procedure may be significantly less expensive or a little more costly. It depends on your unique case. The only way to know for sure how much your smile restoration will cost is to come in for your complimentary screening.
Price Of Dental Implants If You Have No Teeth At All, Wear Dentures, Or All Your Natural Teeth Are "Shot"
New teeth can be attached to implants that are either non-removable or removable from the implants. Removable is less complex and thus less costly. Non-removable is the best option and is usually more expensive because of its complexity.
The lowest cost dental implant options start at $7,500-$10,000 per jaw if you already have a perfect denture and perfect bone structure under the denture (a VERY rare occurrence).
For the newest technologies, such as "Teeth in a Day," treatment averages $25,000-$35,000 per jaw. In the most extreme cases, where patients waited a very, very long time to seek a solution, this type of care can surpass $50,000 per jaw (also a rare occurrence).
Price Of Dental Implants If You Are Missing One Or Two Teeth
For single teeth, a dental implant can range in cost from $3,500-$15,000 depending on whether it is "easy" or a highly complicated front of the mouth tooth, which is more technique sensitive and time consuming to conceal and make appear natural.
Speaking of that, Dr. Collier has highly perfected techniques for the placement of implants in the cosmetic zone of your mouth. As stated earlier, the potential need for bone grafting can also influence the cost of a single implant.
Price Of Dental Implants If Your Normal Teeth Are Worn Down From The Aging Process And/Or You Are Missing Some Or Many Of Your Natural Teeth
If this is the case for you, you will likely need a full mouth reconstruction using implants and crowns/veneers on your natural teeth—reconstructions such as these range from $25,000-$50,000 per jaw.
What's a reconstruction, you ask? Think of it as you would renovating an old house. Just like remodeling a hundred-year-old home with all sorts of reconstructions and complicated scenarios (that you will end up paying more for in the long run if you attempt to cut corners,) a remodel for your mouth is similar. All the more reason you need one-of-a-kind and superior treatment as Dr. Collier offers.
How Can I Save Money on Dental Implants?
Given the varied cost, it's no wonder that many patients ask our team if there are ways that they can save money on the dental implant treatment process. The good news is that there are new implant techniques that are more affordable than traditional dental implants.
There are also other ways people attempt to find more affordable dental implants. We will share a few of the most common and potential risks that come with these options that you will need to consider.
1: Same-Day Implants (All-on-4® or Same Day Teeth™)
Here at Southern Dental Implant Center, we offer a patient-friendly, scientifically proven full-arch rehabilitation technique that is more cost-effective than traditional dental implants called All-On-4® or Same Day Teeth™.
This revolutionary dental implant option is a game-changing solution for those that are unhappy with a conventional full denture, were told they weren’t a candidate for dental implants in the past, or are struggling with the pain, discomfort, and embarrassment of missing teeth and want a permanent, natural-looking smile without multiple surgeries or months of downtime.
Traditionally, a standard implant-supported denture would require six or more implants, but with the All-On-4 method, fewer implants result in a more cost-effective solution. Furthermore, since the replacement teeth are anchored securely, there is a reduced likelihood of future dental issues requiring additional treatment and expenses.
Essentially, the All-On-4 technique allows dental implants to be placed in a single day rather than requiring months of healing after oral surgery and often bypasses the need for surgical preparations typically required for standard implants, such as bone grafting.
Given the reduced treatment time frame and overall cost, people who qualify for All-on-4 could save thousands of dollars on implant dentistry treatment. All-on-4 dental implants are not only more affordable than standard implants, but they also offer additional unique benefits, including:
- Strength and Durability: The implants are permanently secured to your mouth and won't loosen or shift like dentures. With advanced imaging, we will find the optimal place to insert your implants to ensure long-lasting strength and support. Furthermore, All-On-4 implants have over a 95-98% success rate compared to other restoration options.
- Fast Results: They don’t call the All-On-4 treatment “Teeth in a Day” for nothing. If you have several missing teeth on the same arch, All-On-4 dental implants allow you to restore your smile in hours. Immediately following the placement of the implants, a denture or Same Day Teeth™ can be placed to completely restore your smile during only one visit.
- Conservative: We use the minimal number of implants necessary to support a full arch of replacement teeth. By strategically placing the implants at specific angles, the need for bone grafting procedures is often eliminated, allowing for optimal utilization of the patient's existing bone tissue. Additionally, the minimal number of implants required ensures less impact on the patient's jawbone, preserving the integrity and strength of the bone tissue.
- Mimic Natural Teeth: All-On-4 dental implants provide a comfortable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing alternative to traditional dentures. The replacement teeth are custom-designed to match the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth, resulting in a seamless and natural appearance. They look like natural teeth, feel just like natural teeth, and function exactly like natural teeth.
- Quick and Easy Healing: The All-On-4 treatment offers a significantly faster recovery than traditional implants, which can take several months to heal fully. Patients can typically resume work within a few days and may not require strong medication for pain relief. Additionally, the implants begin integrating with the jawbone immediately, resulting in a secure fit without the discomfort of rubbing.
- Fewer Dietary Restrictions: Following your procedure, it will be necessary to refrain from consuming hard, crunchy, and chewy foods for the initial few weeks. However, in the long term, you will be free to eat virtually any food you desire without restrictions. Thanks to the All-On-4 implant approach, you can enjoy virtually any type of food without worrying about looseness or accidental separation of your teeth at any time.
2: Consider a Different Location for Dental Implants
Location determines the cost of many things in life. This includes the cost of home prices, grocery shopping, other goods and services, and of course, medical and dental care. The cost of dental implants in the Memphis area will be significantly lower compared to bigger cities.
But don't worry; a smaller geographical location does not mean lower-quality dental work. In fact, we have patients drive from all over the world to Cordova, Tn, to see Dr. Collier (even patients that live in big cities like Los Angeles, Miami, and New York) because they have heard about his quality dental work.
3: Medical Tourism for Dental Implants
Traveling to another country to undergo extensive dental work or medical care is not unheard of. Medical tourism potentially allows patients to save thousands of dollars on quality treatments, even with the cost of travel factored in.
While traveling to a different country for dental implants may seem like a cost-effective option, it's important to consider the potential risks involved.
- Quality of Care: Dental implants require skill and precision to be done correctly. It's crucial to ensure that the dentist performing the procedure is properly trained and licensed to do so. In some countries, there may be different regulations or standards for dental care, which could put you at risk of receiving subpar treatment.
- Communication Barriers: When traveling to a foreign country for dental implants, language barriers may make it challenging to communicate your needs and concerns with your dentist. This could result in misunderstandings or miscommunications that could impact the procedure's outcome.
- Limited Post-Operative Care: After getting dental implants, receiving proper post-operative care is crucial to ensure the implants heal properly. If you travel back to your home country soon after the procedure, it may be difficult to obtain the necessary follow-up care from the same dentist who performed the procedure.
- Travel-Related Risks: Traveling long distances for dental care can be physically taxing, especially after a surgical procedure. Additionally, there is a risk of developing blood clots or infections during long flights, which could have serious health consequences.
- Legal Protections: If something goes wrong during the dental implant procedure, it may be difficult to seek legal recourse if you received treatment in a foreign country.
Ultimately, while traveling to a different country for dental implants (or even searching for the cheapest tooth replacement option in your hometown) may be an appealing option to save money, it's important to carefully consider the potential risks involved and consider that you might end up paying more in the long run if you have to have your dental work redone. Sadly, numerous patients come to us at Southern Dental Implant Center to have their dental work re-done because they weren't happy with their results.
There is no need to travel outside of the United States for high-quality dental implant treatment. Dr. Jason Collier, a renowned dental implant specialist, offers competitive pricing in your backyard. With his extensive experience and expertise, you can rest assured that you will receive top-notch care and achieve the beautiful, healthy smile you deserve. Don't risk your health or finances by traveling abroad for dental implants – choose a trusted, local professional like Dr. Jason Collier instead.
But if you are dead set on traveling to another country for dental implants, be sure to do your research on the oral surgeon and dentists doing your work. Finding reputable dental health specialists is going to be crucial for quality.
4: Schools of Dentistry
Many dental schools offer discounted dental care services. The procedures are performed by dentists in training. While dental schools can be a great option for those seeking affordable dental care, it's important to be aware of the potential risks involved in receiving treatment from dentists in training.
While these dental students are overseen by experienced professionals, they do not have the same expertise and experience as a fully licensed and practicing dentist implant specialist like Dr. Collier. This can increase the likelihood of complications or errors during treatment, which can lead to additional dental problems down the line.
It's also important to keep in mind that dental schools may have limited availability for appointments and longer wait times than traditional dental practices. This can be a concern for those who require urgent or time-sensitive dental treatment. Additionally, while the cost savings may be significant, the treatment may take longer to complete than it would at a private practice, which can inconvenience some patients.
If you are considering receiving treatment at a dental school, be sure to do your research and speak with the faculty and staff to ensure that you are making an informed decision. Also, be prepared that you might need to have your dental work re-done in the future if you are not happy with the results.
5: Dental Societies and Charities
Dental societies and dental care charities can be a great resource for those in need of affordable dental care, particularly for basic services such as cleanings and fillings. However, these organizations likely have limited resources and may be unable to offer more advanced procedures, such as implant dentistry.
That being said, if you are financially strapped, it's always worth checking with local dental societies and charities to see what services they offer and if you are eligible. Some organizations may partner with local dental practices to provide discounted or pro bono services for more advanced procedures, including dental implants. Additionally, some dental societies may offer educational programs or resources for patients seeking more information about dental implants and other dental treatments.
If you are considering seeking dental care through a dental society or charity, it's essential to do your research and ensure that the organization is reputable and has a good track record of providing quality care. Also, ask about any fees or costs associated with the services. Some organizations may require patients to pay a nominal fee or donate in exchange for their services.
6: Medical Or Dental Insurance
Medical insurance rarely covers anything related to mouth restoration. And when they do, the insurance company's objective is to give you the cheapest possible care. This seldom provides for anything beyond essential generic emergency-based treatment, which is not what Dr. Collier's implant dentistry is about. Additionally, "cutting corners'' and going with the cheaper dentist your insurance company suggests could cost you hefty out-of-pocket expenses later on.
Even though the latest dental technologies are considered medically necessary and are scientifically proven, dental plan coverage to rescue the worst dental disaster patient hardly touches what is needed to get you back to a healthy life of eating and the self-confidence you deserve. For that reason, we DO NOT file medical or dental insurance at Southern Dental Implant Center, but we can provide a narrative regarding treatment if you choose to file on your own behalf.
Strategies for Managing the Cost of Your Dental Implant Treatment
While the cost of dental implants can seem daunting, it's important to know that there are various ways to manage and budget for this vital investment in your health. At Southern Dental Implant Center, we believe everyone deserves a healthy, beautiful smile and strive to make dental implants a realistic option for our patients.
To help with the cost of treatment, we offer a variety of payment plans that can be customized to fit your individual needs. Additionally, our patients have utilized various strategies to help manage the cost of their implants.
Some of these methods include:
- Discounts for paying in full with cash.
- Interest-free dental financing.
- Using a low or no-interest credit card to make payments at your own pace.
- Our "cruise plan” (allows you to pre-pay every two weeks until you build a balance.)
- Home equity loans.
- Loans from 401K/Pension plans or life insurance/annuity policies.
- Settling a Universal Life Policy that you or a family member no longer needs.
- Refinancing an automobile or other asset.
- Medical savings account through an employer's cafeteria plan.
- Gifts or loans from friends or family members.
Additionally, keep in mind that implant dentistry is tax deductible for most patients. Uncle Sam's tax laws are in your favor to do your dental work as it is a legitimate medical deduction.
When it comes to dental implants, the cost is often a concern for many people. Like many things these days, high-quality dental work can come with a hefty price tag. We sympathize and wish it wasn't true, but it simply is. But rest assured that with Dr. Collier's unique method of implant dentistry, there are typically several options to choose from, ensuring that you find the perfect solution for your needs and budget.
Costs Associated With Not Fixing Your Missing Teeth
If the cost of implants causes you to hesitate to get the smile you’ve always dreamed of, we ask you to take a minute to reflect on some of the following ways your missing teeth are negatively impacting your quality of life.
- Having Missing Teeth Poses A Significant Health Risk: Several research studies have found that people with missing teeth are more likely to experience health problems like diabetes, heart disease, and stroke.
- Missing Teeth Can Cause Speech and Eating Problems: When you are missing even a couple of teeth, this can dramatically impact your speech. Missing teeth also make it difficult and painful to chew and eat certain foods.
- Missing Teeth Can Lead To Poor Mental Health: Being self-conscious of your smile can lead to stress and anxiety over your appearance. Data from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey shows that half of all people with depression rated their teeth condition as fair or poor.
We know you want to laugh without covering your mouth and smile in family photos again, but investing in your smile is about much more than aesthetics. A functional and attractive smile has a far-reaching impact on your physical and mental health, overall happiness, and quality of life.
Investing in your smile is a priceless decision that yields lifelong benefits. So, don't think of it as a mere cosmetic procedure; consider it an investment in your overall well-being and happiness that will be with you for a lifetime.
Are There Cheaper Alternatives For Dental Implants?
When you have missing teeth, for your dental health and for your overall health benefit, dental implants are the best option available. However, we understand there are cases where dental implants may not be feasible due to financial constraints. In such situations, there may be alternatives available that can help restore your smile and improve your oral health.
It is important to consult with Dr. Collier to discuss your specific needs and determine the most appropriate treatment plan for you. That said, here are some dental implant alternatives Dr. Collier might suggest.
Our first suggestion would be to consider the All-On-4 method discussed earlier that Dr. Collier uses here at Southern Dental Implant Center. Again, this revolutionary “Teeth in a Day" technique is the fastest, least invasive, and most cost effective way to correct missing teeth.
Procedures that once took months to complete can now be condensed into a matter of hours or days thanks to advanced CT scans, 3D modeling, and computer-aided design programs that I have at our dental office (technology not available at most other clinics.) Even patients that have been told they are not able to have traditional dental implants are likely candidates for All-On-4 dental implants.
Dr. Collier is proud to be a pioneering doctor in the Memphis area bringing these advancements to the general public and for the benefit of his patients.
Full or partial dentures are more affordable than dental implants and rely on natural suction and adhesives to stay in place. While they may not look as natural as dental implants, dentures can help with everyday tasks such as eating and speaking.
Dental crowns provide full coverage protection for your teeth and can be a less expensive alternative to dentures and dental implants. They come in various materials, including porcelain, which can be customized to match the color and shape of your natural teeth.
Dental bridges are a permanent prosthetic option that can replace one or more missing teeth. They consist of a series of dental crowns that span over the empty sockets and attach to the existing teeth.
Veneers are thin shells made from materials like porcelain or composite resin that are placed over the front of your natural teeth to improve their appearance and are a popular option for cosmetic dental procedures. While veneers can help with chipped or damaged teeth, gaps between teeth, and discoloration and are often used in conjunction with various other cosmetic dental treatments, they cannot replace missing teeth.
Discussing Dental Implant Cost in More Detail
At our practice, we understand that every patient's situation is unique and requires a personalized treatment plan. That's why Dr. Collier devised a thorough new patient screening examination just for the purpose of eliminating any guessing when it comes to the cost of your dental treatment plan. After your screening, we will provide you with a one-of-a-kind treatment plan with complete and fully transparent costs and length of time for your treatment.
If you live in the Memphis area or want to travel to see Dr. Collier to ensure you are getting the best dental implant service at the best cost, your next step is to call and reserve your complimentary screening so that you are no longer guessing about your eligibility and what your dental implant care will cost.
Don’t delay! The sooner you take this first step, the sooner you'll secure your spot for screening and be on your way to comfortable chewing and a smile you'll be proud of. Additionally, these screenings are very limited and by application only. That is because Dr. Collier's implant services are in high demand due to his expertise as a highly sought-after implantologist. He also devotes part of his time to teaching other doctors how to better perform the very same type of dentistry you are pursuing.
Learn More About Dental Implants and Book Your Free Screening Today
Dental implants have become increasingly popular as a go-to solution for people with missing teeth. They can help restore your smile, improve your oral health, and enhance your overall quality of life.
For more information about our high quality implant dentistry and to determine whether or not dental implants are a good option for you, lock down your complimentary screening with Dr. Collier and the team at Southern Dental Implant Center by filling out this form or giving us a call at (901)-881-4907.
Additionally, make sure you visit our SMILE GALLERY to see before and after pictures of some of our happy patients and our YouTube page for patient testimonies and more on Dr. Collier’s unique methods of cosmetic dentistry.