If you are missing even a single tooth, you know how difficult it can be to eat certain foods, speak clearly, and smile with confidence.
Dr. Jason Collier can restore your smile and oral function with a dental bridge at our Cordova, TN, practice.
Is a dental bridge right for me?
What Is a Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges are a great option for our patients in Memphis looking to restore one to three missing teeth.
Traditional: A traditional bridge is made up of two crowns at each end with a prosthetic tooth (or teeth) in the middle. These prosthetic teeth, also referred to as pontics, literally bridge the gap in your smile and are custom-made to match your natural teeth.
Implant-Supported: Modern advancements in restorative dentistry have now made implant-supported bridges a trusted and popular option. Instead of relying on crowns to hold the pontic teeth in place, implant bridges are self-supported with titanium posts embedded within your jaw.
Why choose our Cordova practice for your dental bridge?
5-Star Reviews Hear from Our Memphis Patients
"Myself and a number of family members have been to this dentist. He is a genius when it comes to implants! I had my entire mouth done with implants due to some health problems that harmed my teeth and my mouth looks FABULOUS! No one knows…" Kathy S.
Candidates for Treatment
- A traditional bridge is generally best for patients missing one to two teeth.
- They are most effective when patients have healthy natural teeth on both sides of the gap for support.
- Traditional treatment is usually more affordable and may be the best option if you are on a tight budget.
Implant Dental Bridge
- If you are missing a tooth (or teeth) at the end of a dental arch, you may consider implants for better stability.
- An implant-supported dental bridge is best if you are missing two or three teeth.
- Candidates for dental implants must be healthy enough to undergo surgery and have good bone density.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Dental Bridge
- Pain: If your bridge doesn’t fit correctly, it can cause some serious dental discomfort. If an area of your mouth feels unusual, it’s a good indication there’s something awry with your bridge.
- Your bite is off: If your teeth do not rest together comfortably when you close your mouth, this means your dental bridge is not accommodating your bite.
- Stains or discoloration: Bridges made from cheap materials will become stained or discolored over time, regardless of how well you keep up with your dental health.
- Loose fit: When you eat, speak, or smile, your bridge should stay in place – especially if it is supported by dental implants. You may need an adjustment or a brand new bridge.
"I would recommend this office to family and friends" What Our Patients Have to Say
A Closer Look at the Procedure
Traditional Bridge Treatment Timeline
Dr. Collier has a background in prosthetics and takes pride in designing exceptionally lifelike bridges with high-quality pontics.
Treatment will look much different if you choose to restore your smile with an implant bridge. During a minor surgery, incisions will be made in your gums and two or more dental implants will be placed. Although treatment takes several months, implants offer several benefits.
Don't be nervous about the procedure. You are in good hands...
Relax with Sedation at Our Memphis Practice
Our dentists serving patients from in and around Memphis have undergone additional training in order to provide sedation for our more nervous and sensitive patients. The sedative is administered before we begin treatment to induce a state of deep relaxation. The process is very safe and effective and allows many patients with anxiety to experience a level of true comfort. Ask about sedation dentistry at your consultation and find out how we can help you.
How to Take Care of Your Dental Bridge Aftercare Tips
Brush your teeth twice daily and floss regularly
Use a floss threader to clean under the bridge
Do not chew bones, ice, and other hard objects
Avoid tobacco products
Notify your dentist immediately if your dental bridge becomes damaged
More Praise From Our Patients in Memphis
The most amazing staff I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Thank you Southern Dental Implant. I've told all my friends about your wonderful servicesView on Google
From the time we entered into their office until we left, everyone was courtesy, friendly, and professional. We were made to feel comfortable and welcome. Dr. Collier explained everything to us like no one ever did and with patients than he answered all of ours questions and concerns.View on Google