Common Full Mouth Reconstruction Memphis Procedures
By info on April 13, 2012
When a patient requires multiple procedures to address problems throughout the mouth, a full mouth reconstruction may be the best treatment plan. A full mouth reconstruction can rejuvenate the appearance of your smile, and correct the various dental problems that affect the health of your teeth, gums, and bone. When you meet with a skilled Memphis cosmetic dentistry professional at Southern Dental Implant Center, we can determine if a full mouth reconstruction is right for you, and tailor a comprehensive dental plan to meet your needs.
Am I a Candidate for Full Mouth Reconstruction?
A full mouth reconstruction treatment plan is typically recommended to patients that have poor dental health or who have suffered a serious accident. Patients that are good candidates for a full mouth reconstruction may suffer from the following ailments:
- Advanced gum disease: Lax or improper oral hygiene can lead to gum disease, which is a leading cause of tooth loss.
- TMJ/TMD: Temporomandibular jaw disorder and other neurological disorders can cause you to grind or clench your teeth, and contribute to mouth and jaw strain.
- Injury: Including sports injury, vehicular accidents, and trauma, many injuries can greatly impact the appearance and health of a patient's smile.
- Severe tooth decay: Resulting from poor dental hygiene, cavities, or gum disease, tooth decay can affect a patients teeth.
- Tooth erosion: Commonly caused by acidic food and drink, GERD (or Acid-Reflux Disease), and certain prescription medications.
Common Restorative and Cosmetic Treatments
If your dentist determines that a full mouth restoration is right for you, the procedures recommended in order to correct your smile and improve the health of your mouth may include:
- Dental implants: The best option available for replacing missing teeth, a dental implant is a long- lasting and aesthetically pleasing. Patients seeking dental implants in Memphis will be pleased with the resulting comfort and functionality the procedure offers. Dental implants are fixed securely into the patient's jawbone, and can reduce or eliminate the need for removable dental devices such as dentures. Dental implants also prevent neighboring teeth from shifting position, and feel just like a natural tooth
- Dental bridges: If a patient has several missing teeth, a dental bridge can be used to fill in the empty space and maintain the structural integrity of the mouth. Dental bridges work by anchoring a replacement tooth to the two teeth surrounding the gap. This tooth replacement option is ideal for patients that have some existing teeth or those that are getting dental implants.
- Porcelain crowns: When a tooth is chipped, broken, or cracked, a porcelain crown is an attractive option for restoring the tooth. A porcelain crown is made of high quality materials that are custom-fit and colored for the patient's tooth. Once the custom crown is fixed in place, it will blend in with the surrounding teeth, giving you a naturally beautiful smile.
Contact Our Dental Care Center
If youd like more information on any of the high-quality dental treatments offered at Southern Dental Implant Center, please contact our Memphis cosmetic dentistry practice. Our high-trained staff is looking forward to assisting you in restoring your smile and dental health.
Related to This
“I have been a patient of Dr. Jason Collier's for many years and have always been treated with the utmost respect and professionalism. His staff is the friendliest dental staff I have ever encountered and I highly recommend this office for any dental needs!” Kathleen M.